2.11.2011

Ashley Shorter & John Anderson!

Couple #1 Is Ashley Shorter & John Anderson! 


A little bit about each of them, in their own words!


Ashley Shorter, 20
                  I am a junior at Salisbury University majoring in Respiratory Therapy. My dream job is to work in the neonatal intensive care unit in a hospital, helping those who are so helpless (newborn babies) to do one of the easiest yet most necessary acts… breathing. I have the best family and friends any one could ask for and they mean the world to me!

John Anderson, 21
                  John’s dream job is to be a police officer. He is currently training to take his physical and written exams that will take him one step closer to entering the police academy. He came from a Navy and Marine family and since his asthma got in the way of continuing the family tradition he decided that becoming a police officer and serving the public was the next best thing.

A little bit about the couple, in their own words! 

We started dating on December 1, 2004, I was 14 and John was 15; that means we have been together for over 6 years! Unfortunately, we’ve had a break, but it only lasted less than 3 weeks. It happened in November of 2008 and was a really rough time. We were so young when we started dating and had been together for so long, but since we were getting very serious, we wanted to make sure this is what we both really wanted. Needless to say, on December 2, 2008 John called me and asked if we could get back together… of course I said yes! Everyone says it, but this break has honestly made our relationship so much stronger!! I can’t imagine my life without him!!

No children yet, but we definitely want them after we get married and are settled down. Two to be exact, one boy and one girl.






Our Love Story:
                  We met at band camp in the summer of 2004, I was about to start my freshman year of high school and John was beginning his sophomore year. I had joined the color guard and John was in the percussion section of the marching band. Whenever people ask how we met we say “band camp” and always get a response with the famous quote from American Pie, “This one time at band camp!”  I still laugh when I hear it! During band camp and throughout the whole band season we would always pick on each other, all in good fun of course, but we started to develop feelings for one another. At the time I had a boyfriend that I thought I liked, but could be easily swayed with some persuasion from John. We rode the same bus since we only live about 3 blocks away from each other; John sat in the front and I sat towards the middle. One day I noticed that he kept looking back at me, which I thought was somewhat strange, but didn’t really pay any attention to it. He started telling me to come and sit with him, but I never did. This went on for about a week or so and one day he finally came back and sat in the seat in front of me and insisted that I break up with my boyfriend and go out with him instead. I always asked why and said no, but after a few days of his excessive and convincing persuasion I gave it some thought. The next day, my friend Meaghann helped me to break up with my old boyfriend and John and I started dating. From that point on, we were inseparable. I remember the first time we kissed we were walking a lady from our church’s dog and we kept going back and forth saying the other wouldn’t kiss us; well John proved me wrong, he leaned in and planted one right on my lips!
                  Years later it was November 25, 2010 (Thanksgiving Day) and I was at John’s house for breakfast as we usually do. I was sitting on his lap in the kitchen when he said he had to do something, so he got up and left the room. When he came back I sat on his lap again and noticed him fidgeting in his pocket. I asked what he was doing and he said “Nothing,” I didn’t think anything of it. All of the sudden he pulled out a white box that lit up when he opened it (which is still something that I find awesome!) with a GORGEOUS ring inside and asked if I would marry him. I looked at the ring and him in disbelief and excitedly said, “What is that!?” We both laughed a little and after what felt like a whole minute, at least to him, he said, “Well?” and of course I said YES!!! We hugged and kissed and he slipped the ring on my finger. Sometimes I still can’t believe that I am going to marry my best friend! He told me about the ring he gave me and how he had it made from two family rings, one from his great grandmother and the other from his great grandfather’s great, great aunt, which only makes it more special!


What makes us unique and sets us apart from the rest:
John and I are unique because we truly complement each other. He is very spontaneous and a lot of the time does not think of the consequences of his actions, this is where I come in. I’m more of the responsible and sensible one in the relationship. Whenever John comes up with a bright idea, he will tell me about it and realize soon after our conversation that it might not be the best idea. We bring out the best in each other, while I ground him and help him to make better decisions, he brings out my spontaneous and carefree side.


 We Deserve to WIN!!
We deserve to win because we are one cute couple!! Not only have we grown as people together, but we’ve been there for each other through thick and thin, from deaths of loved ones to celebrating the birth of a new little one in the family. Every hardship we’ve endured has only made our relationship a thousand times stronger, we truly are best friends! 


If you agree with Ashley & John, that they are the Cutest Couple, Post your Comment below to support them!! 
*Remember: One vote per person. You must be a follower of this blog for your vote to count!

3 comments:

  1. Ashley & John you have my vote!!! You two have been together since you were a little girl it seems! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cute and i definitly think they should win this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitly think this couple should win! :) We have been together for such a long time and love each other so much!! We are the cutest couple!

    ReplyDelete