9.14.2010

Learning.

Today I've woken up with a new perspective. *Be different. Be you.* Well it's not a totally different perspective, but it's more defined now. It all started with an email..

WPPI started a Roadtrip & they were coming to DC and Jersey. Somehow I knew I just had to go. I asked a good friend of mine, Logan, to tag along. We decided DC was perfect so we confirmed our spots and paid our money, not quite sure of what to expect. See, I've been doing this for about 3 years now and I've gone online, talked to other professionals, joined forums and all kinds of things, but I've never put myself out there. I've never said, "Hey, I'm here, I'm real, It's my time." I'm SO thankful I went to DC yesterday. I learned so much about everything, and we met some really cool people! Jasmine Star was the last speaker of the day, we were tired and ready to get some grub, but we were ready to hear what she had to say. WOW. What an eye opener, she is very honesy, very open, and showed me that no matter what you have... where you are.. what you charge.. I can do this. I have to believe in Me. Everything she said is still floating around in my head, but I do specifically remember her saying: "If you don't believe in you, how will your clients believe in you?"

I believe. I know. I am ready to do what I need to do because that's what I want. So thank you to all of the people that have believed in me, when I didn't believe in myself because now I do. I know that I am a photographer, I am a professional, but most of all I am me. A human who will make more mistakes than most, A girl who loves and laughs, who cries and screams. I'm timid and scared of rejection, but I am going to make that valiant effort to put myself out on a limb, so that when I look back I can know that I am doing everything possible to make it in this business.

This is my rock. My best friend. And with out him I wouldn't have pushed myself as far as I am right now. I believe in love and I believe when you are happy you make everyone around you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment